Walk Around The Six ChurchesOnce a year, we walk around all six of our church buildings. The full walk is about 16.5 miles but there is the option of walking only some of the sections and getting a lift back to your start point. We start at a different church each time, sometimes walking clockwise, sometimes anticlockwise. Most of the churches open up, offering refreshments and a short rest for weary legs.
If you fancy a challenge, please join in!
Route for Saturday.
We will meet up for a celebratory meal in the evening at Upchurch golf club. This is open to all walkers, tea makers, car drivers, families of walkers, etc. Numbers may be limited so please let Ralph know if you are coming.
What to wear
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear (walking boots, strong shoes or trainers)
- Clothes to suit the prevailing weather (bring spare warm clothing)
- Waterproof jacket (and trousers if you have them)
- Gloves and hat or
- Sunhat and suncream
Food and drink
- Bring enough food to see you through the day (9-10 hours)
- High energy food such as chocolate is good
- 2 litres of water is recommended for a whole day's walk but we get fed and watered at most of the churches so should not need so much.
- For the physically fit!
- Most of the walk is on footpaths, which can be muddy.
- Under 18s should be accompanied by a parent.
- Contact ..... in advance if you will need a lift back from any of the churches.
- Badges and certificates are given to all who complete some or all of the walk.
- WALKERS TAKE PART AT THEIR OWN RISK