The Parochial Church Council of all Churches in 'The Six' have adopted the
Safeguarding Policy of the Church of England click to view.
We are committed to:
- The safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service amongst other tools, to check their suitability.
- Responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed.
- Co-operating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation.
- Ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse.
- Extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them.
We have appointed the following Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinators, who work with clergy on ensuring that Safeguarding is at the heart of our churches' culture.
Upchurch and Hartlip
George Hulme 01634 374136
The Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinators are available to talk with adults or children.
For further information on safeguarding across the Diocese of Canterbury, follow this link.
Any child wishing to talk about a problem can contact Childline on 08001111 or visit their website at www.childline.org.uk
Any parent or carer wishing to talk about parenting problems can contact Family Lives on 0808 800 2222 or visit their website at www.familylives.org.uk